Thursday 14 August 2014

Intenet access cut


Of spooks and broken bones
Seemorerocks


My trouble started on Sunday (Saturday US time)

I got a message from my ISP that I had used up all my bandwidth for month of August so we decided to go onto a new 'unlimited gigs' package.

'No problem' they said, 'just reset your modem after 30 minutes'.

Which is what I did.

The light on the modem was off. This is the one that went out several times before when I presume our intelligence friends were playing games.

Previously, functionality was restored after a long process of ringing the ISP and laboriously going through the process of resetting the password.

Something happened on at lease two occasions.

This time they reset the password and got the light on my modem going again. Then I tried my iPad and got the message that I could not connect to the WiFi network. Another long conversation, another problem to solve.

Then we realised that even though the modem told us we had liftoff we could not get access to the Web, either through the main computer or those connected by wireless.

The bizarre thing was that I could get onto Google, watch movies on You Tube; I could get onto Facebook through links on my email and even exchange messages with friends.

I could do this but I couldn't get onto my own blog or anything else on the Web.

Total news blackout.

Next morning my partner Pam was due to leave to go to a funeral of a relative in Taranaki, but not before burying our oldest chook who had died in the night.

I took a shower before breakfast. Getting out of the shower I must of slipped on the slippery surface and ended up on my back on the bathroom floor, my right foot still caught somehow inside the shower.

I knew straight-away that something had broken.

After getting me off the floor and into something warm we had a hot cup of tea and waited for the ambulance while I sent messages out to Kevin and other Facebook friends.

That put paid to Pam's imminent departure. Instead she spent the day with me while we waited for X-rays which showed damage to the ligaments joining the ankle bones. I would need an operation with a plate to -re-connect the joint.

Fortunately I was admitted to the hospital – meaning Pam was free to leave the next day for the funeral – and, even better, I had a room to myself )something almost unheard of) and the operation took place (counter to expectations) the very next morning.

Put succinctly I have been enjoying the pleasures of a stay in hospital (including its cardboard food) for the last three days – cut off from all news sources, but also unable to get the message out. (Kevin was unable, despite all efforts, to log onto my blogsite to let people know what has happened.

Coming back home I find that it seems I can use most aspects of the Net once more.

The whole thing seems bit of a mystery to me.

It could be just part of some theory of infinite co-incidence playing out – or, it seems more likely to me, that our friends in the NSA/GCSB are playing tricks once more

For the background of what happened previously,please read Shut off from the internet


Give me a bit of time to catch up with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.