Tuesday 22 July 2014

Once more on the BBC


The Beeb, the Ministry of Truth and Russian sanctions

Seemorerocks


Yesterday, going through Facebook I found this message from Mark Sleboda, American-born lecturer at Moscow State University and occasional commentator of RT and other media outlets.

I have been invited to be attacked insulted and condescended to by a host on @BBCWorldservice on #Ukraine #MH17 10am Moscow time tomorrow.


This was followed by lots of messages of support from around the world - including one - "you're too nice!  Don't go" - and observations from around the world, such as this one that caught my interest.


John Karabinas They usually have a standard format of asking a question whilst making a propaganda statement thereby dictating the narrative they want.
16 hours ago · Like · 1


By evening things had taken a slightly farcical turn with BBC World Service ringing Mark back...

Sorry ladies, gentlemen, and assorted post-modern others, but @bbcworldservice has just now called me and cancelled the interview they had invited me to on the crash of #MH17 in #Ukraine to "devote more time to other stories".



And then once again, by mistake,it would seem...



Mark Sleboda BBCWorldService just called me back again and asked "me" if I was ready for the interview, then embarassingly begged apologies for "wrong number" once they realized it was me and quickly hung up. Bizarre....
6 hours ago · Unlike · 8

And a few hours later......

Ok ppl. Now back on @BBCWorld on @BBC_Global_News TV for live discussion of #M17 #Ukraine at 1930 Moscow time. I'm a little under the weather - coming down with a cold - but will drug up and go and fight the good fight, though I understand it will be 2 and the host against me


It looks as if I really will miss it. I won't be awake at that hour.

It seems I will miss the opportunity to hear how Mark Sleboda deals will attack journalism- BBC-style. No way I'll be awake then....




Feeling frankly tired at the end of the day I caught the BBC during their 7 am News Hour.  

I really felt that I was in a world I didn't recognise any more.

They got on one pundit who went on talking up sanctions against Russia. It was all very aggressive and one got the impression they are fitting the events to suit the sanctions policy.

They needed to be sanctions on financial services and energy.

Hit 'em where it hurt.

'It's summer and we don't need their gas as much as they need to sell it'. 

'We don't need their money which is all criminal money any how'.

'We can clean the stable'.

And then it went on to some discussion of a 'normal' world that doesn't exist any more.

It all gave the impression of propaganda aimed at preparing Britons for economic warfare (or worse).

 "We'll fight them on the beaches"....

One could forget that this is the Britain that is in such an energy crisis that they have (or are - I forget) legislated to horizontally frack under peoples houses in Surrey (or where ever) without people having to know.

Or that every single scandal or example of financial  malfeasance and criminality that has hit the world financial world - came from the City of London.

You just need to switch into Max Keiser regularly to know that.

.....

Meanwhile the whole of the British press - from the Daily Mail to the Guardian, through the BBC, is baying for Putin' s blood.

'He is proving to the world, they said on the BBC that he is what he always was - a nasty KGB hood who is not subject to any logic and whose sole interest is the restoration of the Soviet Empire'.



At least for the Dutch you could say they are truly hurting.

.....

The whole experience was quite surreal.


It was like listening to the Orwellian Ministry of Truth masquerading as the old Beeb that those of us that are a bit older remember and some of us loved.


The BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
by Crazy Horse September 02, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.