Monday 21 April 2014

Rags the dog

One of the most endearing qualities of Mike was his friendship with his dog Rags and of course the constant companionship and loyalty that Rags provided Mike

Rags met Squishy, I believe, at the same time as Mike and Doug met, on Venice Beach, Cal.  Mike described the two as "homosexual lovers" - they were constant companions in Colorado.

When Doug went back to California for a while he took Squishy with him.

Mike reproached himself with not having adequately explained the situation to Rags.

Beside himself with worry, Rags disappeared.

As the saga unfolded the whole of Mike's Facebook community watched with bated breath while Mike searched for his friend.

Here is how it unfolded on Facebook


The Rags and Squishy saga


November 15, 2013

I am having an emergency. I won't be very active for a while.

My dog Rags has disappeared. I am in a very remote area and he never runs off. Since Doug and Squishy moved out last week he's been unsettled. He never stray from the property. I've had him for six years and he's never run away.

I'll be out looking for him. Prayers appreciated. My heart's in my throat and my stomach's inside out.


November 15, 2013

Thank all of you so much for the wonderful messages. looked for Rags for 2.5 hours on back dirt roads. Closest occupied houses are a mile south and a mile north. No sign. Snowing now and in the 20s. Pitch dark. Full moon shielded by clouds. Am in for the night. Will start looking for him again tomorrow.

I feel the love. Thank you all.



November 16, 2013

RAGS UPDATE



Two sightings of him south of here this AM. One on west side Hwy 17 moving to cross about 1.5 miles south. One on the other side of 17 about 2 mi south. Have done grid searches in that area since 9 AM. Just now having breakfast and making flyer. It's mostly all open farmland with very sparse scattered houses.



Have spoken to 15 people.



He's around. Not giving up. It's 35 degrees with heavy, cold winds.






November 17, 2013

RAGS UPDATE -- Sunday Morning

No news. No new sightings. Have printed flyers. Am low on gasoline and it's 20 miles to nearest station. Can't make color copies till Monday and that's also a 20 mile drive.

Going to drive around some today before radio show and look. This is largely a wilderness, open country area. Not possible to leave scent trails out. If he was anywhere within a quarter mile he could see the house. I loved the suggestion that I park my car somewhere and leave the door open. It's snowing at night and going down to 15. If I did that, how would I get home? And I'd find coyotes, rabbits and mice had moved in overnight.

I so treasure all the messages of love. I know Rags can feel them too. I am staying as calm as possible and envisioning a golden leash that I tug, telling him to come home and how much he is missed.


Please keep praying and telling him to come home. His problem is that he can't find it. But he can be led by spirit.

I love you all and thank you so much. I'll check in later.


November 18, 2013
RAGS UPDATE -- MONDAY AFTERNOON

Another sighting today. Same general area about 1.5 - 2 miles south of here. Have saturated area with flyers and more underwear on phone poles. (I'm running low) Found evidence that a dog had been trash diving. Drove around are for three hours. County Sheriff supportive. Local high school supportive. Post Office, FedEx and UPS all looking.

Keep praying.

Someone here sent me a list of four or five animal telepathic communicators which I now can't seem to find. I'm gettin old and tired. If it was you and you read this, please message with the list again.

Thanks so much to all of you.


November 18, 2013

OK guys, am exhausted beyond words. Haven't slept much in two nights and I'll be out looking for Rags tomorrow. You guys are doing great and thank you over and over for all the love and prayers.

See ya tomorrow.


November 18, 2013


RAGS UPDATE -- MONDAY AFTERNOON

Another sighting today. Same general area about 1.5 - 2 miles south of here. Have saturated area with flyers and more underwear on phone poles. (I'm running low) Found evidence that a dog had been trash diving. Drove around are for three hours. County Sheriff supportive. Local high school supportive. Post Office, FedEx and UPS all looking.

Keep praying.

Someone here sent me a list of four or five animal telepathic communicators which I now can't seem to find. I'm gettin old and tired. If it was you and you read this, please message with the list again.

Thanks so much to all of you.



November 20, 2013


IT IS A BONA FIDE MIRACLE – RAGS IS HOME SAFE

I had been working with two animal communicators since Rags disappeared last Friday. While it was not they who led me to Rags, they did make contact, assuring me that he was still alive and handling himself very well in the wilderness. They kept saying how smart he was when it came to avoiding coyotes, dangerous dogs, hostile people, bears and even mountain lions… but that he was getting weak, disoriented and wanted to come home. Several landmarks they communicated to me from Rags, especially a group of trees proved accurate when compared to sightings and where I eventually found him.

I was contacted this morning by Trudy Ann Tellis who told me that she had contacted a Reiki Master, Guruji Jay Pradna, in India. He was able to connect with Rags instantly and Rags told him that he was near a pond. I knew of only one pond in this remote area but many are hidden in wilderness areas. I let Doug Lewis know and Doug told me that our good friend John Mattingly – a pioneer farmer who developed much of the water and agriculture in the San Luis Valley – knew of many ponds. I called John and John told me of some ponds he had built years ago about 5-6 miles east of the house on the way up to the high mountains in mountain lion country. One of the animal communicators told me that Rags had seen a mountain lion but had avoided detection.

Rags had never seen mountain lion before and his telepathic comment to the animal communicator was “That’s something I don’t see every day!” He steered way clear. He also came across fresh bear scat and avoided the bears. Bears should be sleeping now but they have come down and are very hungry. A few have been foraging and dumpster diving at houses near Crestone ten miles south, even ransacking stables for horse feed.

When John told me of the ponds I had a strong knowing that I should go there quickly. I found the ponds and drove slowly around for 15 minutes, yelling at the top of my lungs, over and over. “Rags! Rags!”... Nothing. I got out and walked around calling to him… Nothing… I was starting to drive out but stopped again on the way out. I just had a feeling. I got out of the car and walked a little further south towards a little creek running down out of the ponds towards an alfalfa field on the valley floor calling his name.

Squishy


Then a funny thing happened. 1600 miles away in Marin County, North of San Francisco, Squishy, Rag’s lifelong friend, ate his first meal in four days. He and Rags had been communicating in the ethers ever since Rags disappeared. Rags thought Squishy was sick and Squishy was totally emotional about Rags' condition. The animal communicators were very clear on this. Doug and I had never talked to them and explained what was happening or why they were separated. We never told Rags that Squishy would be coming back.

As Squishy started to eat (voraciously) in Marin, from behind me, towards one of the smaller ponds, I heard Rags’ dog tags clanking. I spun to see him walking slowly out of the bush. He is not injured but he was disoriented, tired, weak, and very, very hungry. He actually looks great after his little Walkabout. My dog is a genius and he handled himself like a master to have avoided coyotes, bear and mountain lion out there. Tom Brown, Jr. would be proud! I will never call him “Doofus” again. He is to me now, and maybe all of us… Saint Rags. He has done so much for us all, to unite us in one vibration, one cause. So much.

Exhausted


-- For those who wonder about suppressed technologies, know that this odyssey is proof of their existence. These are the “technologies” that have been preserved by indigenous peoples and mystics against the depredations of this dying and useless, male-dominated paradigm for thousands of years. People all around the world following spiritual practices have been praying both for Rags and me for five days. You have all been part of this on Facebook. Enormous spiritual energy was released, ALL AND EXCLUSIVELY in the name and light of love. Love and nothing else. I am eternally grateful to all of you for all the comments and prayers and candles and meditations and suggestions and… everything. And I apologize to Liz Baxter Summers for a cranky response when I was enormously stressed out.

These “technologies” can only be accessed or even seen by hearts and souls that radiate a pure love consciousness. These “technologies” are the miracles that can help us meet and overcome the challenges before us in ways that are not visible to the Cartesian, fear-based consciousness of minds unbalanced with hearts.

Evolve or perish. Grow up or die. This is the message that I have been carrying all these years now and trying to pass on. It turns out that Rags is a better teacher than I have been.

I made a tobacco offering of gratitude to Mother Earth, Great Mystery and All My Relations after Rags had finished a large meal. He is on the living room floor now, on his bed, snoring.

Mitakuye Oyasin… Wopila! Washtay! -- MCR

Reunited


November 22, 2013
"Must a Christ be crucified in every generation for the benefit of those who have no imagination?"

-- George Bernard Shaw

November 28, 2013
CONFESSION:


Thanksgiving has always been the hardest of holidays for me, the loneliest and most depressing. I have been snowed in for four days now and may not be able to get out of my driveway until Monday.

Today's depression was horrible until one good friend -- the best -- her name is Jessy Re, showed up and walked 400 yards through drifts carrying a feast. Now the back door is frozen closed and we are stuck together making Thanksgiving dinner.


There are times when one, small, loving act of kindness makes it all bearable for one more day. There are times when miracles happen without permission or even an appointment.

May each of us be such a miracle in someone else's life while we can.


Happy Thanksgiving!


Hear the Lifeboat Hour from 17 November, 2013 HERE



As of today Rags is safely with Jesse Re in Oregon

2 comments:

  1. Yep, a great saga, and a mythic journey for them all.
    I'm happy that Rags is doing OK with Jack, and will be with Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for running this story in one piece. An amazing story that made me believe in animal communications. He didn't get into "woowoo" issues, to preserve his credibility, but it was good for him to acknowledge suppressed technologies.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.